The kids and I were in San Diego for 5 days visiting family last week. We had a very busy and very, very fun week! There was a wedding, a reception, a temple sealing, visits to my Grandma K, a baptism and a Salmon Family Thanksgiving vacation. Thanks to my Dad and Darin's parents, we were able to stay at a really nice hotel all week. I got to see my Aunt Jan & Uncle Bob who live in Montana; Aunt Karen flew in from Washington; Monica was at the reception with her husband and kids and even Sheralie and Pete flew from the Phillipines to be there for Melanie's wedding! It was amazing! We spent time visiting at Eric & Michelle's and got to hang out with Ashley & Jeremy (those two are going to be awesome parents!) Wednesday we spent time with my Dad and Grandma then got to see Jan, Karen and Jenny before heading over to see Grandma K. Thursday Darin arrived with his parents and the rest of the family for our family vacation. We relaxed in the hot tub, played pool and ping pong and hit golf balls around on the mini golf course right outside our patio door. Joanna and I even went on a bike ride along the harbor, it was beautiful! Darin's parents put a lot of thought and effort into planning a cute scavenger hunt for the grandkids, they loved it! I appreciate my Mother and Father in-law so much for making this a memorable trip; we are so thankful for their generosity and love. During this holiday season I am especially thankful for my parents and for Darin's parents, for the way they have raised us and for the love they continually show us and our children. We are very blessed.

Grandma and Grandpa with the kids overlooking the beautiful San Diego coastline

Jules and I with Grandpa Kirkpatrick

Four generations

Lauren crawling around on the golf course

Golfing in swimsuits!

A fun afternoon with Jenny, Jan, Karen and my Dad at the Cabrillo Monument

Darin and my Dad at His baptism
And one of the best parts of this trip was...
when I left, my boys room looked liked this:

This is the result of the air conditioning installer falling through the ceiling and breaking the wall too. Darin decided it was time to get rid of the popcorn ceiling and retexture the entire room while he was at it. My home was all out of sorts as all four kids had been sharing one room and the boys furniture, toys and clothes had all moved to the garage. I needed to get out of here!

I came home to this! Thank you babe! You're the best!
2 comments:
Funny we got opposite pictures. Put them together and we would have a great summary of our fun trip.
What a great recap of your time here in San Diego. Thanks for posting the picture with my sisters at Pt Loma and the one of Darin and I before my baptism. I loved seeing pictures of your additional activities during Thanksgiving week. Dad
Post a Comment